Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Is There Anybody Out There?

I joined MyBlogLog last night in an attempt to see how many times my blogs are accessed. I don’t really have any other way of knowing unless people leave comments. As much as I keep telling myself that I blog for myself, that’s not entirely true. I enjoy reading comments and learning about other blogs. It’s nice to know that there are others out there.

After signing up, I had a little time to explore other members. I used “PPD” and “post partum depression” and guess what I discovered? I am the only one out there, at least on MyBlogLog. I told Danny about that. It sure can make you feel alone. I know that I’m not the only person who experienced PPD. Isn’t someone else writing about it? There are communities out there for so many other childbearing-related experiences. It can be such an incredible source of support. If anyone is interested, you know where to find me.
“Writing eases my suffering... writing is my way of reaffirming my own existence.”
Gao Xingjian

1 comment:

Kary said...

I am here. I still read but don't always leave comments. I didn't have PPD, but we struggle in so many of the same ways. There are millions out there who have had PPD, I am sure. Perhaps so many have had it and never put a label on it. It took you a while to come to terms with it. Hey--if this is your blog, you should put a picture of you on it and not the girls. Our identities become so wrapped around our children (I am very guilty of this) that we lose ourselves in them.