Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Author's Introduction to the "Judge Not" Posts

I have been struggling with a post for about two weeks now. The idea started with Trista’s post about the crunchy granolas. It intensified with Her Bad Mother’s post about drinking socially in front of your children. What took me so long to even get started on this project is that it was too large on its own to come up with a starting point. I wrote and trashed several opening paragraphs/pages. I finally had to write something after reading this post from Kim.Kim. I can’t imagine being in so much pain and not feel comfortable telling people around you for fear of their judgments. I once again tried to wrap a single post around all of the ways people judge women and mothers. I was going to throw in the towel again until I wrote a single sentence about not judging another person until you’ve walked in the same pair of shoes.

Thus, the “Judge Not” Series has begun. I’m not sure how many parts there will be or how often they are posted. Although I have a particular statement I’d like to make, I can’t be certain where these posts will take me.

No comments: